THE CONFEDERATION OF REGISTERED ESSENCE PRACTITIONERS
The Confederation of Registered Essence Practitioners (COREP) is the Lead Body and Professional Council for Essence Therapy, as acknowledged, appointed and affirmed by the General Regulatory Council for Complementary Therapists (GRCCT) in February 2013.
COREP is a collaborative venture between the two main essence professional bodies, The British Flower & Vibrational Essences Association (BFVEA) and the Bach Centre. The creation of COREP was a significant event for all essence practitioners and the reason why it was needed and the history leading up to it can be found here.
COREP serves as the knowledge base for the practice of essence therapy in the UK. Its aims are:
- To act as a professional body for persons engaged in the practice of essence therapy
- To support the involvement of essence practitioners in programmes of continuing professional development
- To co-operate with national regulators on behalf of essence practitioners to confirm and maintain standards of safe, professional conduct within the therapy
- To enable persons engaged in the practice of essence therapy, who have each agreed to abide by the Confederation’s Code of Ethics and Practice, the opportunity of listing on a recognised National Register
- To set guidelines for minimum content for essence practitioner training courses
- To support efforts towards establishing National Occupational Standards (NOS) in essence therapy
- To maintain the recognised Code of Ethics and Conduct of the Confederation of Registered Essence Practitioners and apply disciplinary procedures for anyone breaking the Code
- To act as a consultative body for essence therapy
Eligible practitioners already listed on the BFVEA and/or Bach Centre registers may apply for listing on the GRCCT National Register and a National Registration Number which is useful when seeking work in the NHS or related organisation.
COREP Policy for Disclosure of Criminal Records Policy
COREP Harrasment & Bullying Prevention Policy
COREP Equal Opportunities Policy
COREP Health and Safety Policy
Please find the COREP Diversity and Inclusion statement here.