In 2013, it became regulation that to practice Flower Essence therapy (this includes providing essence therapy in conjunction with another complimentary modality), a practitioner must have adequate training and belong to a register such as the BFVEA or the Bach Centre. Additionally, they must be insured, work to a Code of Conduct and undertake CPD (continuing professional development).

COREP (The Confederation of Registered Essence Practitioners) is recognised by the GRCCT (General Regulatory Council for Complementary Therapists) as the UK Lead Body and Professional Council for essence therapy. It sets guidelines for minimum content for essence practitioner training courses. COREP is a collaboration between the BFVEA and The Bach Centre, the two main professional bodies in the UK involved with essence therapy.

To be accepted as a BFVEA Practitioner, there are a number of options for training below. Please note that an Anatomy & Physiology qualification is a requirement for BFVEA membership but may not be taught on any of these courses.  Insurance is also required, see BFVEA Block insurance.

BFVEA Flower Essence Courses

BFVEA accredited courses (some of which are distant learning courses) are offered by BFVEA Tutor members, further information can be found here.  Successful students from these courses can be immediately accepted as BFVEA Advanced Practitioner Members. 

Prior Learning

The BFVEA accepts that people often learn from more than one source.  Upon membership application, individuals can request that prior learning from several places, certificated or not, plus self-taught topics, can be taken into account. This is known as Practitioner Membership by Experience.  See here for further details.

Tutors offering the full BFVEA course accept people wishing to attend small sections of their course, as study towards the Practitioner Membership.  Please approach the individual tutor.

To become a BFVEA tutor, one must be an Advanced Practitioner, have been a BFVEA Practitioner for two years and hold a teaching certificate.  For further information contact the Education officer. 

Student Blog

Join in our student blog